The most common problem and the 10 reasons during bread making
Why is it that my bread always turns out differently when it's made strictly according to the recipe?
"The bread is too small, too big, insufficient in color and poor in texture"
Everyone's problems are always different, and the reasons for the problems are also different. I have shared many successful ways of making bread and answered many questions and doubts about making bread. I have found that there is not only one reason for all the questions. I'll list these reasons and give you some more or less references to understand each of the key details of the bread making process.
Every detail of bread making should be paid close attention to. Let's look at the common causes of these problems.
Q1: Why is bread too small?
1. Shortage of yeast
2. Too much sugar
3. The effect of amylase is too strong.
4. Flour gluten is too weak
5. Flour gluten is too strong
6. Insufficient Intermediate Fermentation Time
7. Excessive intermediate fermentation time
8. Lack of final fermentation time
9. Insufficient agitation
10. Dough temperature is too low
11. The dough is too hard
12. The dough is too soft
13. Lower dough temperature during fermentation
14. Lower temperature during dough shaping
15. The temperature of the baking tray is too cold when it is loaded.
16. Baking tray temperature is too high when loading baking tray
17. Too much oil on the baking tray
18. Water that dissolves yeast is too hot
19. Dough ferments too long
20. Too much fat
21. Too much modifier
22 Lack of improvers
23. Lack of fat
24. The oven is too hot.
25. Water quality is too hard and too strong
26. Use alkaline water
27. Use soft water
28. Dough temperature is too high
29. Improper plastic surgery
30. Fermentation and shaping
31. Too much salt
32. Too much milk
33. Flour storage time is too long
34. Freshly ground flour
35. Mixing dough too fast
36. Stir too long
37. Too much yeast and too little sugar
38. Yeast is too old or too hot
39. Water that dissolves yeast is too cold
Q2. Why is bread too big?
1. Fermentation lasts too long.
2. Too low oven temperature
3. Improper shaping
4. Insufficient salt
5. Too much dough is placed in the baking tray.
6. The dough is slightly overfermented
7. Improper types of flour used
Q3. Why is the bread skin too light?
1. Dough ferments too long
2. Insufficient heating in the oven
3. Water quality hardness is too low
4. Too many modifiers
5. Lack of milk powder
6. Too low oven temperature
7. Finally, the humidity in the fermentation chamber is too low.
8. Intermediate fermentation time is too long
9. Flour storage time is too long
10. Inappropriate agitation
11. Sugar shortage
12. Insufficient baking
13. Inadequate amylase
14. Too much hand powder
Q4. Why is the bread skin too dark?
1. Too much sugar
2. Finally, the humidity in the fermentation chamber is too high.
3. Fire is too high
5. Milk content is too high
6. Fermentation time is too short
Q5. Why are there bubbles on the bread skin?
1. Inadequate dough fermentation
2. The dough is too soft.
4. Improper operation in plastic surgery
5. Fire is too high
6. High humidity in fermentation chamber
Q6. Why is the bread skin too thick?
1. Insufficient use of grease
2. Lack of amylase
3. Too little sugar
5. The oven temperature is too low
6. Too low humidity in the oven
7. Too little milk
8. Flour gluten is too strong
9. Too long dough fermentation
10. Finally, the humidity in the fermentation chamber is too low.
11. Too many modifiers
12. Inappropriate mixing
13. Too much oil on the baking tray
Q7. Why does the top of bread form a top?
1. The dough is too hard.
2. Flour gluten is too low
3. Intermediate fermentation chamber humidity is too low
4. Lack of final fermentation time
5. Freshly ground flour
6. Flour lacks amylase
7. The bottom fire of the oven is too high
8. Too high a fire in the oven
9. The oven lacks steam.
Q8. Why is the interior of bread gray and dull?
1. The dough fermentation time is too long.
2. Mixing dough too long
3. The oven temperature is too low
4. Excessive use of malt products
5. Overbleaching of flour
6. The last fermentation time is too long.
7. Small baking dish with big dough
8. Poor flour quality
9. Too many modifiers
Q9. Why are there hard stripes inside the bread?
1. Too much powder
2. Noodle Solid Skin during Intermediate Fermentation
3. The medium dough is not well mixed with the main dough when stirring.
4. Flour is not sifted evenly
5. Too many modifiers
6. The dough is too soft
7. The yeast is not properly mixed.
8. When dough is shaping, the extrusion part is not adjusted properly.
9. Dry materials are not fully mixed when stirring
Q10. What is the cause of poor bread tissue?
1. Inappropriate mixing of dough
2. Use alkaline water
3. The final fermentation room temperature is too high.
4. The baking tray is too hot.
5. The last fermentation time is too long.
6. Milk untreated
7. Surface crust of dough during intermediate fermentation
8. Too many modifiers
9. Inadequate dosage of modifier
10. The gluten of flour is too poor.
11. The dough is too soft
12. The dough is too hard.
13. Improper plastic surgery
14. Inadequate dough fermentation
15. Too little amylase
16. Amylase content is too high
17. dough fermentation time is too long
18. Too little fat
19. Freshly ground new or cold flour
20. Water hardness is too high
21. Small dough, big baking tray
22. The oven temperature is too low
23. Intermediate fermentation time is too long
24. The final fermentation room temperature and humidity are too high
25. Too much powder
26. When dough is rounded or shaped, it is clamped or glued to the machine.
27. The dough was twisted and not put in the baking pan.
You see, there is not only one answer to each question. Each detail can affect the bread baking result.
Tsingbuy Industry Limited has been engaged in bakeware industry for more than 12 years, and has became the leading OEM full sheet pan supplier, Baguette tray manufacturer China, China bakery rack factory, Muliti-mould pan manufacturer China, strap loaf pan supplier, cooling rack manufacturer in China. We are a better choice if you are looking for professional and experienced China bakeware manufacturer.